Supply Chain Transparency
In accordance with:
- Article 23(1) of the Constitution of India, including the Bonded Labour Abolition Act of 1976 and the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act 1986 and Biological Diversity Act 2002, the Central Government of India.
- Conservation Act 1987, Forests Act 1949 from Department of Conservation, Government of New Zealand.
Organic Riot is committed to doing business in an ethically responsible manner. Our company was founded and built on its foundation of ethics and ethical sourcing. We do this to enhance our community which includes our customers and employees as well as partners that develop, manufacture, and supply products on Organic Riot’s behalf (“suppliers”). We seek to partner with suppliers that embody Organic Riot’s core values in their own operations.
We expect our suppliers to be in full compliance with the applicable laws of the countries and regions where they operate, including all labour laws, and to respect the rights of their employees in accordance with internationally recognised standards and social audits. Organic Riot’s Supplier Code of Conduct, sets out our zero-tolerance policy on any use of forced labour, human trafficking, child labour, harassment, and abuse.
Organic Riot aims to ensure that its employees are knowledgeable of the risks related to assessing possibly harmful ingredients, human trafficking and slavery in the supply chain. To facilitate greater awareness, we provide training to educate those employees on such risks so they are better able to identify and address potential issues in the supply chain as appropriate. We maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees who fail to meet our standards of conduct, which align to the values stated in our Code of Conduct.
Under our Supplier Code of Conduct, Organic Riot suppliers must:
- Legal Compliance: Meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations, and standards where we and they do business, including, without limitation, all applicable health and safety, environmental, and human rights laws. Manufacturers who are GMP certified and have organic certifications as per organic laws in their respective countries.
- Responsible Sourcing: Not conduct or commission animal testing of any of our products, including, without limitation, in-process formulations of our products.
- Environment: Demonstrate compliance with all applicable environmental laws, as well as a regard for preserving the environment. Meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable laws, regulations.
- Underage Labour: Not employ child labour. “Child” is defined as anyone underage from where the law of the country permits, or under the minimum age of employment in the country, whichever is greater.
- Forced Labour: Not use any kind of forced or compulsory labour, including, without limitation, slave, prison, indentured, bonded, or trafficked labour.
- Human Rights: Treat their employees with respect, compassion, and dignity, and not engage in any form of harassment or abuse, be it physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal.
- Working Hours: Respect the local legal limits on work hours, or if there are none, not exceed 60 hours per week at most except under extraordinary circumstances. Employees must have at least one day off per week.
- Wages and Benefits: Set wages and all other compensation, including overtime pay and any benefits, in compliance with all applicable laws. Employees must be paid at least the local minimum wage or the prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher.
- Discrimination: Not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender, transitioning, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by applicable laws.
- Health and Safety: Uphold high standards for clean, safe, and healthy work environments for their employees, including any residential facilities, and maintain protection from exposure to hazardous conditions or materials.
- Anti-corruption and Bribery: Comply with all applicable anti-bribery and corruption laws and regulations and prevent improper payments made to obtain or retain any business.
To know more email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org